Wednesday, December 31, 2008

thank god it is almost over

In the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, it has turned out to be an 'Annus Horribilis'. I suspect that I am not alone in thinking it so. (On 24 November 1992 The Queen gave a speech at Guildhall to mark the 40th anniversary of her Accession. In it The Queen referred to recent events as part of an 'annus horribilis'.)

I'm with the Queen on that.

Thank god the year is over.

Oddly, my spiritual death began this time last year, on this very day.

Although not optimstic, truth be told, one can only hope (lessly or not) that 2009 promise some small improvement ...

s.

4 comments:

Buffalo said...

The new year is like a new book full of blank pages awaiting the scratch of the author's pen.

Happy New Year.

naughtyscholar said...

You are definitely not alone on this one... Good riddance to 2008. :)

The Headmaster said...

Well, let us all hope so!

Liras said...

I hold hope in my heart.

Often it dies a slow death, to be born anew, with the turn of the page that announces a new year.

We will see and worse yet, fell, if this span of days is better than the last.