Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stealing ...

I have a million things I need/want/yearn to write.... but my enemy time refuses a truce and I continue to languish in the drudergy of days .... so here's little one's meme, crassly stolen ...http://wtsubbie.blogspot.com/2009/02/its-all-about-me.html

1. Can you cook?

Damn right - I'm a very very decent cook ... my family has very seldom 'eaten out of a box' but what I love to do best is bake ...

2. What was your dream growing up?

To be a writer (sighs).

3. What talent do you wish you had?

self-discipline? is that a talent - I think it is ....I'm a loser when it comes to that - and let things slide I shouldn't

4. Favorite place?

the ocean ... and I'm talking Atlantic here - not tropic -

5. Favorite vegetable?

I like them all, pretty well

6. What was the last book you read?

God is Not Great - Christopher Hitchens - bitching book, read it.

8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings?

Two tats, 5 piercings in ears (and those I got 30 years ago- rebel selkie!), 4 VERY private piercings - more tats planned

9. Worst Habit?

emotional eater - its insidious and encompassing

10. Do we know each other outside of blogging?

Nope - but I'm hoping we can actually meet on one of my "commutes" to your city!

11. What is your favorite sport?

lacrosse ! LOVE it!! for watching - cycling for doing

12. Negative or Optimistic attitude?

depends - I probably tend more on the negative side

13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?

probably catch up on things, most likely be irreverant and rude about our relationships and then aid and abet each other in harrassing the elevator people to hurry up.

14. Worst thing to ever happen to you?

Read me - then you'll know.

15. Tell me one weird fact about you:

I've almost died three times.

16. Do you have any pets?

2 dogs, 4 cats, guinea pig and rabbit

17. Do you know how to do the macarena?

damn right and I can line dance in a pinch too.

18. What time is it where you are now?

7:38 a.m. and I should be working - been swamped since I walked into work at 5

19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?

HORRIFYING - I HATE THEM.

20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?

overall - weight - and specifically, my belly - its revolting.

21. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?

It completely depends on the situation - I am FAR from sanctimonious - but I have my own strict code of conduct and hopefully, stand by what I taught my kids- stand up and be counted and do the right thing - so probably, overall, conscience.

22. What color eyes do you have?

green

23. Ever been arrested?

don't think so ... but threatened with it a couple of times when in the newspaper business

24. Favorite fictional character of all time?


25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it?

pay off debts.

26. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

to fly ...

27. What’s your favorite hangout?

my secret garden (see little one, we DO have lots in common)

28. Do you believe in ghosts?

no, but I seem to have a lot of phantoms around ..

29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?

read or write


30. Do you swear a lot?

depends on the situation - day to day, no - but when my temper is triggered .....

31. Biggest pet peeve?

people without a work ethic.

32. In one word, how would you describe yourself?

complicated.

33. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?

have done!

11 comments:

M:e said...

Great answer.....but hell girl, you're in work at 5 in the morning?!!!! Are there really two five o'clocks in one day?! grins.

love and hugs xxx

selkie said...

grins at M:e - I get up at 3:30 .... make lunches, bath, feed animals and walk the puppies for at least half an hour ... and then head into work for 5 LOL ...most of the time, I actually don't really mind it! and no, I don't go to bed that early LOL - around 10, sometimes (often) later LOL

Buffalo said...

You are a writer.

What is weird about dying? We all have to do it. Some sooner than we'd like and others way past any reasonable time.

Loving Annie said...

Interesting Selkie ! Hope we can shar a meal one day when we are in the same city ! I LOVE baking cobblers and fruit pies and apple dumplings from scratch :)

Gillette said...

Fun stuff...thanks.


And ditto on sharing a meal. Perhaps we could cook it jointly?

Tallgrass said...

I totally agree with Buff!

You are a writer!

And a damn sexy one too!

vanimp said...

Oh yes you are well and truly a writer and a damn good one at that *hugs* xx

littleone said...

Firstly - you have a secret garden too??!!!!

AND... when are you coming down here next?? i would really love to meet you real time........

and how come you got 7 answers and i only got 3 ?? it ain't fair (see me pout)

morningstar (owned by Warren)

selkie said...

annie and gillette - wouldn't it be awesome to get together and COOK ... of cousre, we would have to accompany it with dry red wine, Irish coffee and a warm summer night ... and yes, little one, I DO have a secret garden - and that is waht I CALLED it - my Secret Garden - I will see if I have some pictures- d. thought I was nuts when I had him build me a big fence around a part of our yard, overhung my trees, with shade flowers and holly bushes and morning glories trailing up the wall ... and an outdoor fireplace and feeling a million miles from the city which is right outside my door.

and thank you all for the vote of confidence on the writing - now if I can JUST steal some hours ...

selkie said...

and Buff, the dying isn't weird, surviving three serious almost dyings is the weird part ....

Tallgrass. thank you cowboy! Trust you to buoy me up!

Andrades Girl said...

Hi Selkie:
Loved the questions, and your answers were great too, and you are a great writer that is for sure.
Take care
AG