Monday, June 8, 2009

The cat came back


and I'm very happy.


It would have been three weeks tomorrow that Schnitzel disappeared. He is one of our rescues, the sweetest, gentlest cat I've ever known. He seldom wandered further than the front yard. We put up signs, posted on craigslist and I checked in frequently with Toronto Animal Services and checked each time I went to the Humane Society. He did have a collar and tags and is microchipped .. it was the microchip that brought him home.


He ended up in a man's garden at least four blocks away (a long way for him - he isn't the brightest crayon in the box) - and the man and wife thought he was so sweet they determiend to find him a home - but checked first and voila! We got a call and he brought him home!


We are so happy - welcome home Schnitzel!

14 comments:

ronnie said...

It's good he was found by nice people.

Happy for you he's back.

Love
Ronnie
xx

Loving Annie said...

That is wonderful, Selkie ! So glad that the man returned him from his travels, and your sweet kitty is back home :)

Mystress lady Evyl said...

Oh he is too cute. glad he was found and back home.

Amber said...

That is fantastic! You must be so happy. 3 weeks! An eternity, bless those people. And thank god for the chips; all ours are chipped too.

the eternal list said...

i'm glad,

from a cat-lover

M>e said...

He's gorgeous!! Glad you got him back safely.

love and hugs xxx

Sir J said...

modern technology at it's finest. I am happy for you and the cat.

Tallgrass said...

Oh how I know the heartache that comes from a lost animal. It gets my stomach upset anytime our cat refuses to come in at night, even though we list in the country. (I always fear the coyotes or stray cats will hurt him.)

Alice said...

I'm so happy for you. Recently, two of the dogs got out when the meter reader left the gate open. They were only gone overnight, but I was frantic. (I actually located them through a local vet) I cannot imagine how worried you must have been.

David said...

God bless dull crayons, and the people who watch over us.

selkie said...

thanks guys... I was content this morning feeding my animals - the two dogs, the guinea pig and rabbit and all was right in my world... with my four cats winding around my feet.

Sara said...

I am so glad for you!

Greenwoman said...

Yay! Its a bummer to loose your friend. I'm happy he's home. *smiles*

Kes said...

I am so happy he is twice rescued! It does not matter the quantity of animals in our lives, each one holds their unique place without which we have an aching void. Our polydactyl toed cat recently vanished inside the house for three days after the earthquake. She finally emerged a shadow of her previously bold self, her face spun to white in the aftermath of her terror. Weeks later now, she is beginning to feel mistress of her world once more. And like you, each time I see her I am glad she is home safe where she belongs.